Embassy of India
Phnom Penh Cambodia
General Travel Advise for Indian Tourists
The Embassy of India would like to give the following general travel advice to Indian nationals travelling/visiting Cambodia.
i. It is a requirement under Cambodian law to carry photo identification at all times. An Indian driver’s licence or a photocopy of passport would be adequate identification in the first instance.
- It is advisable to go through the various websites on travel in Cambodia and also to understand about the country before visiting Cambodia.
- Get proper directions for your destination before you leave your Hotel / Guest house;
- Leave your contact/ Embassy of India contact no. with the hotel / guest house staff in case of any emergency;
- Settle the price of Tuk-Tuk / taxi before boarding / hiring the same;
- Basic knowledge of Khmer language for day to day activities will be helpful;
- Always obtain a receipt for any purchase you make.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewellery or any ornaments;
- Avoid using expensive smart phones openly, especially, while walking on the road or during Tuk-Tuk rides;
In case of any problem, apart from the Embassy contacted listed above, the following numbers can be contacted:
Lt. General Sith Bunthy Mobile: 012 910 336
Bri. Gen. Chung Ravuth Mobile: 012 905 601
Lt. Col. Phan Sophak Mobile: 012 600 010
Police Hotline: 031 20 12345
Police what’s up App: 031 20 12345